Monday 16 August 2010

46 Cakes

All is well with the world at the minute. I finally figured out where I was going wrong with my Cornwall data and so my maps are actually looking like they should, or at least will be once I've converted around 800 co-ordinates into the correct format. I've had a great weekend this weekend darting about for Sam's birthday (happy birthday Sam!). She had some friends down from Scotland, and from London, and some more local friends, all of whom congregated at the Yardbird last night for many drinks and eventually wine and cake back at hers. Good times.

Today we went along to see the Steve McCurry exhibit currently on display at the Waterhall Gallery in Birmingham. I was unaware of his work, apart from one very famous picture, but Sam and my brother had been harping on about it for a while so it was nice to finally see what all the fuss was about. I was very impressed I must say, some of the photographs captured the emotion of the subject flawlessly. I wasn't as keen on some of the blatantly set up scenarios, but his use of colour and subject matter is always exquisite. Here are a few of my favourites of those on display.
That first one may be my favourite photograph ever, although it's very hard to look at. There was another picture that looked like an oil painting but was in fact a monastery built into a cliff face, but I can't find it anywhere! If I do though, I'll be sure to post it...

No comments:

Post a Comment