Thursday 10 June 2010

Garden Party

I have had to stay in the office today to plan out where I'm going to be visiting over the next couple of months, and decide if it is plausible or not. It's not. So tonight my task is to outline the key areas I need to be doing my survey work in order to maximise my time here. Rather brilliantly my key areas are all coastal so I'll be spending most of my time by the sea, a pleasure I've never had in Birmingham. But before tucking into my work for the evening I had a wander around what I like to call my back garden and thought I'd share a few photos with you.


I can't complain really. The quality of pictures will improve by the way, it's just the only chance I've had to get out and about at the minute is in the evenings. I'm quite fascinated by wind farms. I don't see them as an eyesore at all, and the fact that they're creating clean sustainable energy is brilliant. Saying that, I'm informed that there are several negatives associated with them, one of which is the enormous amount of concrete needed to keep them in the ground (we're talking thousands of tons), and mixing this concrete uses a LOT of energy. Not very green, although I was trying to find some hard evidence for this but came up blank. You can read about the pros and cons of wind power here if you're at all interested.

Elsewhere in my world it is very quiet. Thanks to my least favourite of all the laws; sod's, my iPod broke the day before I left and so I'm faced with no music. Luckily I transferred a load of music onto my girlfriend's computer just before I left as she threw me a rather brilliant dinner party, and I still have said music on my memory stick so I have about 20 albums to keep me going. I'm also spending a large amount of my downtime watching the Sopranos, which I think I've already mentioned but I simply can't get enough of it!

Okay, food, Sopranos, work.

Then more Sopranos...

No comments:

Post a Comment