Wednesday 28 July 2010

I Can't Think Of A Cryptic Or Clever Title

Just a very brief update as I haven't got a lot to report I'm afraid.

Yesterday I surveyed the last area I needed to in order to have a continuous stretch of the coast mapped, so anything else I do now is just a bonus really. I seem to have gotten into the habit of wandering off along footpaths to "see where they go", which isn't always ideal when you have things to do and are scared of cows.

Today I headed north of Mullion which made a nice change from simply going to Mullion. The sun broke through after a very threatening looking morning though, so I headed back as I'd forgotten my suncream, and I'm incredibly lazy. I took a random footpath to spice my journey back up a bit and after an hour genuinely ended up back where I started. It was like a bad comedy. When I got back I took in some of the air show going on a couple of miles away, but after the fourth loop-the-loop and almost blinding myself I retired to the comfort of the caravan and got up to date with my work.

I'm growing sick of these "
bitey" flies. I swatted one away today when I felt it bite my arm, and then I saw a load of what looked like maggots all over my arm. I'm pretty fearful it was trying to lay something inside me but I think I nipped it in the bud before the fly could get too into it. Needless to say I had a long, cold shower on my return, and am now maggot free (externally at least). Maybe the fly was exacting revenge for my graveyard of fly death which I call a window.

Crap, it's started raining, I've gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment