Thursday 1 July 2010

Wash Out

No pictures today I'm afraid folks, due to the rain most of today has been spent cooped up in my caravan. I started out in the field with the volunteer who carts me around of a Thursday, but I think even she was finding the work tedious, once again I was stopping every few minutes to take a reading. When the first drop of rain hit her head she called it a day, much to my delight. Neither of us wanted to get drenched, and trying to write information on a recording form in the rain is neither easy nor pleasurable. This gave me an opportunity to get up to date with my work, as well as crack on with my write up. So for once at the end of the working day, 5:00pm, I'm actually finished and have a sweet four days off now. The rain does mean I can't take my usual jaunt over to Mullion for biscuits, but I'm sure I'll survive this once. The weather's meant to improve tomorrow, but even if it doesn't the prospect of a few days away from the caravan (with rather good company) is certainly an exciting one. I've even blagged a lift to the bus stop tomorrow so I'm cruising down Easy Street.

Now, what to do with the evening?

1 comment:

  1. Right, that took far longer to comment than necessary but now I apparently have my very own blog space along with details on what exactly a blog is.
    Anyhow, I'm up to date now and I think, that despite the adversity, you're actually having a good time triumphing over it, or at least an alright time.

    ReplyDelete